Filtering by Category: celebrate
With Father's Day right around the corner, we thought it was the perfect time for a little craft that you could do with your kid! Bonus: it can be a gift for dads AND a fun little activity for Father's Day! So, grab a few supplies, and let's have some fun!
Step 1. Layout your skewers in the size that you want for your kite
2. Tie off the center stabilizers and tape the supporting skewers
3. Cut out a piece of tissue paper the size of your kite with a 1-2 inch boarder
4. Cut thick fringe on the edges and glue the tabs around the skewers. Continue this around all four edges.
5. Place the glue side down on another piece of tissue and repeat steps 3 and 4. Adding more layers helps to strengthen your kite! The more you add the stronger it gets!
6. Once you have finished your layering (we liked 4 layers the best) you can use your needle and thread to poke through and around your stabilizer at the top (its best if you can thread it through the tape so it does not tear). Tie this off and then do the same at the bottom. Keep some slack between the two ties, this is what you can hold onto to fly your kite.
7. Add a tail! This can be anything you want! We used ribbon, yarn and bows!
8. Decorate! Paint and stickers work great!
9. Take it outside and give it a shot!
We hope you guys all give it a shot, we had the best time letting our little guys decorate these kites!
We know we have already introduced you on previous posts, but this brilliant idea is all thanks to our absolutely incredible intern, Jordan Key! Not only is she an awesome designer, but we have uncovered a craft genius! She's basically our very own in-house Martha Stewart and we are so lucky to have her! Thanks Jordan for coming up with this fun activity and for your daily brilliance!!!
We already shared a little recap of our Mother's Day Anthropologie Event here, but we thought it was only fair to make sure that all of you, even if you couldn't make it to the event, could still do this fun little painted flower pot DIY! We've shared our super-easy steps below!
The only supplies you will need are: painter's tape, scissors, paint, a flower pot, (optional hole-puncher) and a wooden skewer! And of course the perfect flower or plant of your choice to finish it all off!
We had to share one more shot of our entire fabulous group of attendees! Such concentration, right?
And, here you go – a free printable for your very own flower picks! Just click right here to download:
Did you see the latest issue of To & From? It's all things for Spring 2013 including gift ideas for graduation, mother's day, father's day, wedding, baby shower and birthday! We are so honored to share our picks for a baby shower for "The Color Lover"! So, ya know, basically we were shopping for ourselves! ha! But if you are anything like us, and can't get enough color lately, this is YOUR list. And if you have a soon-to-be-mama girlfriend who embraces all things rainbow, we have your one stop gift-shop! Find our colorful baby shower must-haves on pg. 96 & 97!
Thanks to Megan & Katie, the genius duo behind To & From for featuring us!
Judging by the number of sales and number of admirers, we are the last two people in the world to have heard of this shop, so, we may be late, but we are jumping on the bandwagon!! It's called Inspire Lovely, and if you've already visited this darling shop, then we are mad at you for not sharing it with us...but if this is news to you, you can thank us later! Isn't it great? Our heads are filled with all kinds of project and party ideas!!!! Just scroll on down, yours will, too!
And look at this, a 2013 mini calendar!
See? Are you freaking out as much as we were! Inspire Lovely, we heart you!